If you’re counting carbs or following the Diabetes Plate Method, this article may help you!
Below is a comprehensive list of non-starchy vegetables.
Remember, if you’re following the Diabetes Plate Method, the following foods should take up half of your plate.
- Baby corn
- Bamboo shoots
- Beans (green, wax, Italian)
- Bean sprouts
- Brussels sprouts
- Cabbage (green, bok choy, Chinese) Carrots
- Greens (collard, kale, mustard, turnip) Hearts of palm
- Pea pods
- Salad greens (chicory, endive, escarole, lettuce, romaine, spinach, arugula, radicchio, watercress)
- Squash (cushaw, summer, crookneck, spaghetti, zucchini)
- Sugar snap peas
- Swiss chard
- Water chestnuts