Physical activity is not only beneficial to your physical and mental health, but also plays an important role in diabetes management.
Looking to incorporate more activity into your daily routine? Here are five ways to get moving!
- Take the stairs. This one is easy. Forget the elevator and opt for taking the steps. After some practice, you won’t be out of breath after making it to the top. Feel like doing a little extra? Take the steps two at a time.
- Take a walk. Early morning or evening walks are a great way to get in some movement. Running a quick errand? Save gas and walk instead. Walks can be great for taking phone calls, spending time with friends or family and are great exercise for kids and pets as well.
- Wake up and work out. Get some exercise in before getting ready for the day. Try gentle yoga, cardio or even light stretching. It won’t take long and will set a positive and healthy tone for the rest of your day. Don’t forget to eat and hydrate after exercise.
- Wear a pedometer. If you don’t have a smartwatch or fitness tracker, most phones have a build in pedometer. Set a goal for yourself and get to steppin’! Even without tracking your steps, try to be mindful of getting in as much as you can.
- Add movement to housework. Next time you’re doing housework or chores, turn on some music and dance around a little. Focus on keeping good posture and making more mindful muscle movements while working.
If you struggle with getting enough exercise or losing excess weight, call us: (242) 702-9310