Living with diabetes is hard. It’s easy to get discouraged, frustrated, and burned out. Here’s an author that understands the emotional rollercoaster and gives you the tools you need to keep from being overwhelmed, addressing such issues as dealing with friends and family, and how you can better handle the stress for better health. Written with compassion and a sprinkle of humor.
Diabetes Burnout is an interactive book that addresses the emotional issues that contribute to poor glycemic control and provides guidance to overcoming the barriers to good self-care. Worksheets help readers assess their current state of motivation and establish a successful plan of action.
Do you get depressed about having to deal with diabetes day in and day out? Do you worry about complications,get angry about the never-ending chore of self-care,and get frurstrated by poor results when it feels like you’ve worked so hard?
If so,you may be suffering from “diabetes burnout”—and you’re not alone.
Diabetes Burnout addresses such issues as:
- Ten good reasons to hate blood sugar monitoring (and what to do about them)
- Worrying about long-term complications: the uses and misuses of fear
- Depression and diabetes: a tough combination
- Friends and family: the diabetes police
- How stress influences diabetes (and what you can do about it)
Don’t let diabetes be in charge of you. Let Diabetes Burnout show you how to take charge of diabetes.